Today, we are going to be reviewing BetBlocker for non-UK sites – this is a free tool that you can use in order to help control your love for gambling. The app has various features, including self-exclusion and parental exclusion. More so, it is very versatile and can be downloaded on most operating systems.
This app can be set up fairly easily and quickly. You simply need to install BetBlocker, select which controls you want to activate, and follow through with the set-up process that is displayed to you on your screen. Once everything is running, you will gain peace of mind without the temptation of all your normal gambling websites.
You are very unlikely to receive better service from any of the other gambling support companies out there. Thousands of people around the world use BetBlocker in order to help restrict their love for gambling. Additionally, the app is becoming more and more popular each year, with it being approved as a UK charity.
One of the most significant advantages of BetBlocker is that you can download and use it for no costs at all. The company understands that gambling is a real and serious addiction – with that being said, they believe that people should not have to pay in order to receive help.
How Does Betblocker Work?
So, you may be wondering what BetBlocker does exactly. When you set up the gambling self-restriction app, you will automatically be restricted from visiting any gambling URLs that BetBlocker stores in its database.
Don’t worry, this database is kept up-to-date – in fact, it is updated once a week, meaning that BetBlocker can still be used to prevent you from visiting any new non uk casino sites.
You can select which websites you would like blocked and the length of time that you want them blocked for. It is important to remember that none of the restrictions can be removed once the tool has been activated. You will have to wait until the selected restriction duration ends.
BetBlocker Pros And Cons
There are a few pros and cons that come with BetBlocker:
- BetBlocker is completely free. Spending money on a gambling restriction app could prevent people from installing it. BetBlocker understands this and has responded by allowing people to download and use their tool for no charge at all.
- BetBlocker can be installed on as many devices as you would like. There is little point to set up a gambling restriction app on one device if you have multiple. For this reason, BetBlocker has made it possible for one person to download their tool on multiple devices.
- You are still somewhat in control. BetBlocker will prevent you from gaining access to all of the dangerous and tempting casino sites. However, you get to select which sites you want to be blocked. More so, you can set a specific duration as to how long you want these sites blocked.
- The BetBlocker database is continuously updated. New gambling websites are continually being created. Luckily for you, BetBlocker updates its databases weekly in order to include the URLs of these new sites as part of their restriction options. The app currently has the ability to block over 13 000 online casinos.
- BetBlocker is supported by most operating systems. This means that you do not have to worry about what operating system your devices have installed.
- No personal information is collected about users. The BetBlocker tool is used completely anonymously, which means that you will not have to worry about your name, phone number, or any other personal details getting out.
- BetBlocker restrictions cannot be removed until the set duration period has run out. This can be seen as both an advantage and a disadvantage. On the negative side, if you ever wish to sell your device or give it to a friend, you will not be able to remove the BetBlocker restrictions.
- BetBlocker reduces battery life. Tests have shown that BetBlocker can reduce the battery life of your devices by 10%.
Can I Remove BetBlocker?
As we all know, gambling is a serious addiction that needs to be prevented if possible. The addiction involves the inability to control impulses to gamble. The whole point of the app is to prevent people from relapsing when they feel these impulses. If BetBlocker made it easy to remove their tool, it would make the entire system pointless as people could simply delete it when they feel the urge.
With this being said, the gambling tool cannot be removed once it is activated. Uninstalling the app and deleting the associated files will not have any effect on the restrictions that you have put in place.
Alternatives To BetBlocker
There are a few alternative apps that can also be used to restrict yourself from gambling.
NetNanny is a very popular parental control app. Millions of parents around the world use it to block their children from certain websites. However, it can also be used as a gambling control app. The app has an internet filter feature that can be used to block devices from certain gambling websites. Read more about NetNanny here.
BetFilter is another app that can be used to block online gambling. It is very simple and easy to install. More so, the tool will only block relevant gambling sites. Unlike BetBlocker, BetFinder does charge a small fee for their service. This tool is used worldwide by thousands of people who are addicted to gambling.
You can use GamBan to block online gambling sites on all of your devices. It is also straightforward and simple to install. You are offered a free 7-day trial to test their service – after that, you are charged a small fee for the GamBam tool. GamBan is used by thousands of people that struggle with gambling addictions worldwide.
GamStop allows you to put controls and restrictions on your devices in order to prevent you from visiting gambling websites. It only takes a few minutes to sign up from GamStop, making it very quick and easy to install. The company also offers you additional support to get rid of your gambling addiction once and for all. However, Gamstop does not block casinos not in the United Kingdom.
If BetBlocker Is Free, Do I Have To See A Lot Of Adverts?
BetBlocker will not advertise you any services or products when you install their app. In other words, the entire program is ad-free. This is much more convenient for users. It also makes the experience of using the BetBlocker app much more pleasant.
If I Have A Technical Issue, Will The BetBlocker Team Remove The App For Me?
Although only a handful of users experience technical issues, they do sometimes happen. The team will be happy to help you sort out any technical issues. However, they will always look for other ways in which they can resolve the problem before they turn to deleting the app from your device.
How Long Can I Self-restrict For?
You have an extensive range of self-restriction options when setting up the BetBlocker app. They currently offer durations of 24 hours, 2 days, 3 days, 5 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, 5 years, or forever.