Betting is all fun and games until you lose all your savings and fall deep into debt. When not controlled, your gambling behaviours could be the beginning of an ugly nightmare. Here are some of the warning signs to look for:
- Overspending on gambling
- Experiencing difficulties in managing or stopping your gambling
- Arguing with your loved ones about gambling and money
- Loss of interest in hobbies and routine activities
If your gambling lifestyle is characterized by any of these signs, then it is time you started practicing self-exclusion. While there is a variety of gambling blocking software available in the market, BetFilter has proven to be exemplary owing to numerous positive customer reviews.
The software works by blocking European, non UK licensed casinos and offshore gambling sites and is compatible with smartphones and desktops. In addition, it features a built-in cost-free AdBlocker. This is a reliable and affordable platform. The BetFilter discount code makes it an even cheaper solution. If you think this is the right platform to help curb your gambling behaviors, buckle up, and let us take you for a ride.
We reviewed this much talked about software and gave our honest views on its reliability and performance. We have answered several questions in this review concerning this software, such as its working, pros, and cons, whether or not it can be removed, and its alternatives. At the end of the article, we have answered some of the frequently asked questions about BetFilter.
How does it work?
If your goal is blocking all online casinos, both those on Gamstop and those who are not, BetFilter is a perfect start. It guarantees simplicity and discretion in its functioning. Once you have activated it, it will only block relevant content. It doesn’t block keywords. This way, there is no interfering with video gaming sites. Simply put, if you want a tool that blocks all iGaming destinations, this is your guy.
Do you know that this gambling blocker has over 100,000 downloads, ranking it the best-selling tool of its kind? Well, now you are in the know. Compatible with Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS, the BetFilter is a whole package, and we love it for that.
Here are some of the reasons we’d recommend it for anyone:
- Simplicity: Downloading, installing, and using the software on your devices is a walk in the park.
- Reliability: You can totally rely on this software to block any gambling-related content without any hitches on the way.
- Affordability: Price always influences our purchasing decisions. Compared to other solutions in the market, the BetFilter one-year license is quite affordable and covers one Mac or Windows device. In addition, it features several mobile apps and a cost-free AdBlocker.
- Fast Support: Other similar tools like BetBlocker and Gamstop have always received negative customer reviews when it comes to their customer support. This isn’t the case with BetFilter, as the customer care is excellent. Customers that have had complaints concerning the software have reported prompt and friendly support. Apart from the efficient customer support team, you will be pleased to know that the BetFilter package also contains installation guides and an extensive knowledge base.
Smooth functioning, especially when it comes to matters about gambling addiction, is a difficult task. Therefore, it is common for tools of this kind to perform poorly in some of the areas. This is no exemption for BetFilter, which in itself has a few drawbacks.
- Loopholes in the System: We experienced no problems at all testing the software. However, we find it necessary to address some of the complaints raised by users of this platform. BetFilter for one poises so many issues. Some users claim that there is a way you can gain access to iGaming sites via Gmail.
- Slow Support: While we have mentioned above that customer care is superb, there are a handful of dissatisfied people. Some claim that the customer support team hasn’t met their high expectations.
- Issues on Smartphones: Most smartphone users are furious that the tool won’t work. This often results in relapsing. The constant crashing makes the software ineffective.
Can BetFilter be removed?
Deleting the BetFilter is going to be one hell of a ride, as unauthorized uninstallation is unsupported by the brand. This means that you won’t have access to all casinos, both registered and unregistered until your license expires. BetFilter pride themselves in creating a superior tool that operates well without loopholes, instead of settling for easily-bypassed third-party blocking solutions.
While this may be a fantastic choice for problem gamblers, it isn’t a tool for everyone. Not every punter is okay with its pricing and functionality. Because of this, it is good to go for alternatives that may work for you.
Our team researched the top-rated gambling blockers to help you pick the one that best suits your needs. Find out their strengths and pricing to determine their suitability.
- Gamban: The tool comes with a 14-day free trial. This way, if you like it, you could purchase a one-year license. Most of its users have reviewed it positively, mentioning that it stands out from the others due to its extensive reach. Besides gambling sites, you can block other content too.
- BetBlocker: This software is popular among UK punters for many reasons. First, it is cost-free and offers a permanent solution. Also, BetBlocker features parental control tools.
- Gamblock: What an excellent choice of a gambling blocking software Gamblock is. If you don’t leave a non UK betting site or iGaming site at the count of 60 seconds, it shuts down your device.
- NetNanny: Powerful and multifunctional, these are just but a few words you can use to describe NetNanny. Although pricey, you receive value for your money, and the tool is compatible with numerous devices and features some of the top-tier filtering tools.
Do I get a free trial?
Sadly, no. The brand offers no product demo or free trial. However, before buying the license, watch videos on the BetFilter website to learn about the platform’s functioning.
Which sites can be blocked by the BetFilter?
BetFilter can only block betting and gambling sites. This means it won’t intrude on other online activities like browsing and video gaming.
I want to go back to gambling. Can I get help?
No. Once you have activated the tool, you won’t be able to access any online iGaming sites until your license expires.